The symbol of deep sea exploration from the beginning of the 1960’s through the end of the 1970’s, the Tropic strap has equipped the most legendary dive watches.
Like its predecessor from the 1960’s, the Joseph Bonnie Tropic-style strap is made of vulcanised natural rubber: a process using high temperatures where sulfur is incorporated into rubber to modify its structure.
Vulcanisation makes the rubber more resistant while retaining suppleness. It also gives the material a lustrous sheen that immediately distinguishes it from silicone reproductions.
For our strap, we called upon one of the world-leading manufacturers of professional diving materials. A true expert of natural rubber answered our challenge with an extremely detailed design. Unlike most other rubber and silicone versions today, the quality, engineering, and minute details of our Tropic-style strap make it as comfortable underwater as it is above it.
The characteristics of the strap remain intact under water making it particularly suitable for scuba diving. Its size does not budge; neither does its technical resistance. The strap will stay free from odors and humidity.
The finishing touch of this strap is the inclusion of an original NOS (New old stock) Tropic buckle from the 60s. It will easily enhance the presence of a variety of watch case thickness with its one-of-a-kind retro touch.
- Type: Classic Tropic-style strap
- Material: Supple and resistant vulcanised rubber
- Finish: Lustrous aspect
- Shape: Joseph Bonnie design with the same codes as the original Tropic
- Straps Sizes: 20mm / 16mm or 22mm / 18mm
- Length: 120mm / 75mm
- Buckle: Original NOS Swiss made Tropic buckle
- Lug Hole: Suitable for classic spring bars as well as thicker Rolex and Seiko ones Production:
- Created by a leading manufacturer of professional diving materials
- Origin: France